Read-only readers for identification & enrollment of proximity or contactless smart cards.
New to the pcProx line of badge readers is the pcProx Nano, a convenient 125 kHz proximity mobile reader, designed for the worker on-the-go! Now employees can freely go to where the work is with the assurance of security, ease of identification, and simple access to their laptops.
Available in either a vertical or horizontal form factor, the revolutionary small size brings significant opportunity and flexibility in terms of solution variety and integration. Backward compatibility ensures simple integration into organizations with existing badge systems. (For more information, please contact your Reqional Sales Manager. Find out who the sales manager is in your region here.)
RF IDeas’ pcProx Enroll card readers are designed for customers seeking to leverage their existing card system for applications beyond building access. These readers are engineered and designed to work with nearly all proximity and contactless smart card technologies. The 13.56 MHz model is compatible with most contactless smart cards and the 125 kHz proximity model provides error-free identification for over 300 million physical access cards in use worldwide.
Featuring plug-n-play functionality, no required software, and embedded configurable flash memory, these readers are ready to integrate with nearly all operating systems, applications, and embedded controllers.
The pcProx 82 Series reader integrates into your software or hardware product through the use of the RF IDeas Universal Software Developer’s Kit (SDK). In contrast to the Enroll readers, the 82 Series use a callable DLL or other direct integration methods rather than keystroking (emulating a keyboard device). These low cost readers deliver the card ID in a format that applications recognize, offering nearly limitless possibilities for user identification and authentication.
- Improve organizational workflow
- Eliminate errors associated with individual identification
- Eliminates manual entry
- Customizable to work with any card solution for any size corporation
- Protect and secure sensitive information
- Meets various industry compliance requirements (when used with appropriate application solution)
- Employee familiarity with existing badges
- Supports over 45 different card type technologies
- Enhances investment of single badges
- Expands application selections
- PC/LAN Access Control
- Application Log-On
- Employee Identification
- PLC and Embedded Controllers
- Time and Attendance
- Meeting Attendance, Visitor Management
- Secure Printing
- Point of Sale
- Physical Access
Connectors and software interface
The standard USB model (Enroll) connects directly to a USB port and can send data as keystrokes or work with the optional Software Developer Kit (SDK). The RS-232 model connects to a standard serial PC COM port and sends data as ASCII. The CDC model emulates a virtual serial device.
Note: To utilize PoE and E/IP features with some models, a C-6200 adapter may be required
Compatible with Windows CE®/2000®/XP®/ Vista®/7®, Macintosh®, Solaris™, ThinManager® thin clients, and Linux. (Free configuration software required on Windows® operating system).
- Improves accuracy of information and productivity
Eliminates errors associated with individual identification.
- Versatile mounting options
The standard desktop housing allows for easy placement on desktops surfaces or for mounting on kiosks, monitors, time clocks, and more. The new USB Nano housing easily plugs directly into any laptop or tablet with a USB port.
*Also available in a Surface Mount design.
- Plug-n-play installation
- Fully programmable and customizable user defined fields
- Compatible with millions of cards in use worldwide
- Medical/Healthcare HIPAA Compliant
When used as a log-on reader
- CJIS Compliant
All pcProx readers are CJIS compliant and designed to keep law enforcement and criminal justice organizations current with compliance requirements
- IP67 Compliant
pcProx and pcProx Plus Surface Mount Only—When the IP67 Surface Mount reader is installed in accordance with the IP67 Surface Mount instructional guide
- Operating Frequency: 125 kHz OR 13.56 MHz
- Typical Maximum Read Range: 1.0” – 3.0” (2.5 – 7.6cm) dependent upon proximity card type and environmental conditions. Slightly diminished performance for certain card type as compared to pcProx reader. installed in accordance with the IP67 Surface Mount instructional guide
- Dimensions: Desktop: 3 3/8” x 2” x 0.6” (8.57 x 5.08 x 1.52cm). Nano: 0.71"x 0.62" x 0.77" (vertical); 0.36" x 0.62" x 1.14" (horizontal)
- Weight: Desktop: 4.0 oz (113.39g); Nano: 0.14 oz
- Housing Color: Nano - Black; Desktop - Black, Pearl; Surface Mount - Black, White; USB Dongle - Black; Keyboard - Black; Non-Housed, ExpressCard, PCMCIA - Available as pictured
- Mounting Options: Surface mount housing can be easily mounted on panels, kiosks, and other indoor applications. It is designed for mounting with 1” #8 screws only (not included), at a maximum force of 6.25 in/lbs. Desktop reader has an articulated cable for easy placement on desktops, counters, and more. The IP67 compliant readers must be installed according to the installation guide (enclosed with all units).
- Cable Length: 6”, 16” & 60” (Custom Lengths Available. Call our Sales department at (866) 439-4884)
- Indicators: Tri-state LED, dual tone beeper. (Dual tone beeper available on desktop and surface mount). Nano: LED indicator (horizontal version)
- Power Supply: USB Self-powered; PoE; Serial RS-232: several power options exist
- Interface: USB, Serial RS-232, Ethernet. Nano is USB only.
- Ports/Styles: USB, USB Dongle, USB Nano, RS-232, Ethernet, Keyboard, OEM bare board
- Operating Temperature Range: -22° to 150°F (-30° to 65°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
Certifications: FCC, United States; CE Mark, Europe; C-TICK, RoHS, Industry Canada, UL
Sanctum Technologies Pvt. Ltd is a total hardware, network and software solutions provider. At the hub of its business is its computer services and technical support center led by the team of highly qualified professionals. In 2000, Sanctum Technology Pvt.
# 114 / 3, Al-Azeem centre, 7th Block,
Above Burger King, Near to Forum Mall,
Koramangala, Bangalore - 95.
Tel: +91 080 - 25719207
Mobile: +91 98440-23880, 98456-50042
Email ID: email@example.com
© Copyright 2015 Sanctum Technologies Pvt Ltd. Bangalore, Karnataka, India.- All Rights Reserved.