Plug-and-play, hands-free auto locking presence detector
The plug-and-play pcProx Sonar solves security risks and privacy concerns with unattended computers without requiring additional software or user action. This solution is a presence detector, not a badge reader. When a user steps away from the computer, the product automatically locks the computer. It detects a user’s presence so the computer will not lock until the user physically steps away, avoiding awkward time-out settings.
The Sonar easily attaches to the PC via a USB port and emulates a keyboard device. This operating mode allows it to send individual keystrokes and delays to be defined by the user. For example, a Windows XP® equipped system would send a sequence such as Windows “GUI” + “L” to lock the computer when the user walks away.
No software is deployed on the client or server. The pcProx Sonar contains configurable flash memory which holds user definable keystrokes, delays, settings, and trigger distance (2–5ft.).
- Automatic computer locking, presence detection
- Inactivity monitoring
- HIPAA compliance by protecting sensitive data
Eliminates time-outs and reliance upon users
pcProx Sonar eliminates intrusion and impersonation associated with unattended or unlocked computers. Time outs which can interfere with the course of business are eliminated.
- Easy installation and low-cost solution
The pcProx Sonar easily attaches to the computer as a USB keyboard; no software is deployed on client or server. All configurations are done through a utility provided at no cost. Keystrokes, delays and distance information is automatically stored in the device. The need for IT support and software updates is eliminated.
- Platform independent
pcProx Sonar supports any operating system with USB support: compatible with Windows CE®, Windows 2000®, Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, Windows 7®, Macintosh®, the Solaris™ operating system, Sun Ray™ thin clients, and Linux.
- As a logical access solution, it helps meets HIPAA requirements
- Typical read range: Adjustable 14” – 60” (35.56cm – 152.40cm)
- Dimensions: 1.75” x 1.75” x 7/8” (4.45cm x 4.45cm x 2.2cm)
- Weight: 3.5 oz (99.2.g)
- Power requirements and interface: 5V via USB port
- LED: Red, amber and green
- Transmit frequency: 40 kHz
- Operating temperature range: 40° to 120°F (4.44° to 48.8°C)
- Operating humidity range: 0% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Certifications: FCC Certification, United States, RoHs
Sanctum Technologies Pvt. Ltd is a total hardware, network and software solutions provider. At the hub of its business is its computer services and technical support center led by the team of highly qualified professionals. In 2000, Sanctum Technology Pvt.
# 114 / 3, Al-Azeem centre, 7th Block,
Above Burger King, Near to Forum Mall,
Koramangala, Bangalore - 95.
Tel: +91 080 - 25719207
Mobile: +91 98440-23880, 98456-50042
Email ID: email@example.com
© Copyright 2015 Sanctum Technologies Pvt Ltd. Bangalore, Karnataka, India.- All Rights Reserved.